12 beautiful gardens in the Netherlands.
- Keukenhof located in Lisse, the most beautiful garden full of spring flowers in the world. See our website how to visit.
- Hortus Bulborum located in Limmen, a museum for flower bulbs. You can find tulip, daffodil and fritillary bulbs in bloom that date back centuries. Beautiful place for the people who love flower bulbs. Have a look at the CBS clip here.
- Palace Het Loo located in Apeldoorn is a beautiful botanical garden that belongs to the royal palace. Worth a visit!
- Japanese garden in the Hague, only open for a couple of weeks during springtime and a couple of weeks during autumn.
- Prinsenhof garden in Groningen a formal garden behind a formal province house (now a luxury hotel) lovely roses and have a look at the sundial at the end of the garden.
- Garden of Castle Arcen, has a beautiful rose garden. Every year the rose festival is held.
- Botanical Garden Leiden, is the oldest botanical garden in Holland and the place where the first tulip bulbs entered the Netherlands. It is full with rare plants and flowers.
- Botanical Garden Amsterdam is a very nice and well planned garden. Great variety of plants and eco-systems. Everything from tropical rain forrest to desert.
- Botanical Garden Utrecht, very well laid out garden with a wide range of plants, trees and shrubs.
- Orchid hoeve Luttelgeest, beautiful garden full with different orchids with a butterfly area.
- Arboretum Trompenburg located in Rotterdam this park is a must-see for people interested in special plants, especially cacti and trees and it has beautiful flowers and plants as well.
- Landgoed Clingendael in the Hague is a beautiful country estate and has gardens in English Landscape style. It’s a lovely place to wander around for a couple of hours or to have a picknick.
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: Tulips in Holland (header)
Current status of the flowers - 9th May 2017 We are heading towards the end of springtime. The temperature is rising and we have some mixed weather wi…
Heading of the tulips - top of North Holland Every year it is a terrible sight to see; the heading of the tulips. These flowers are grown for the bulb…
Heading of the tulips - Keukenhof area Every year it is a difficult sight to see, the heading of the tulips. At one of the flower farms in the Keukenh…
Current status of the flowers - 2nd May 2017 The temperatures are getting from very cold to back to normal. It is a perfect time to visit now. Lots of…