Schiphol Airport is the entry point of the Netherlands for a lot of tourist. Located just outside Amsterdam it is a quick and easy ride by taxi, bus or train. Schiphol Airport is a great hub when you are staying for one or two days. The railway station is located just below the airport and can bring you in all directions and even the direct express bus to the keukenhof will leave from the Schiphol Busstation.
Top 10 things to do inside Schiphol Airport
- Panorama Terrace for a beautiful view of the airport and see a KLM Fokker 100 from the inside.
- Behind the scenes tour of Schiphol.
- Fly with Dutch Dakota Association over the Netherlands.
- Shop at the Schiphol Plaza Shopping center.
- Shop planes at the Planes@plaza store.
- Bike around the airport (to the Amsterdam Forest or to the town of Hoofddorp).
- Relax at the Fitness and Spa of the Sheraton or Hilton hotel.
- Drink Gin at the Gin bar of Hilton hotel.
- Take the train to Amsterdam, Leiden and Utrecht
- Take the Keukenhof Express bus to Keukenhof during spring
Top events in Schiphol
Where to sleep
These hotels are within walking distance of the terminal of Schiphol Airport:
But there are many more hotels: See all hotels in Schiphol Airport.
Tips & tricks
Make sure you check the location of your hotel at Schiphol airport. Some hotels are located within walking distance of the terminal. Some other hotels are a bit further out and need a shuttle bus (15 min) to get to the terminal or the railway/bus station.
There a numerous discount and travel cards available for Amsterdam but sometimes it is a bit difficult to compare which one is the right one for you. See our latest comparison of the 2017 travel cards.
Have you booked your flights already? Have a look at our flight scanner tool from our partner Skyscanner. With a couple of clicks you can see which flight is the best for you (in travel time or price).
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: Wiki Commons
Heading of the tulips - top of North Holland Every year it is a terrible sight to see; the heading of the tulips. These flowers are grown for the bulb…
Heading of the tulips - Keukenhof area Every year it is a difficult sight to see, the heading of the tulips. At one of the flower farms in the Keukenh…
Current status of the flowers - 2nd May 2017 The temperatures are getting from very cold to back to normal. It is a perfect time to visit now. Lots of…
Winner flowerparade bloemencorso 2017 Last weekend was flower parade weekend. It is one of the most busiest weekends during springtime. For everyone w…