Vincent van Gogh
There are several places in the Netherlands which are important when you like the work of the painter Vincent van Gogh.
- Zundert – Vincent van Gogh was born here. In this place in the south of the Netherlands close to the Belgian border you can visit the house Van Gogh was born. This small village is also world famous for the Zundert flower parade, the largest flower parade in the world. For this flower parade mainly Dahlia’s are used.
- Tilburg – At the age of 13 years old Van Gogh follows lessons in drawing in this city. .
- Etten Leur – Van Gogh Church. Living back with his parents Van Gogh realized that he would pursue his dream of becoming an artist/painter. He used to visit this church and it is the place he started his career.
- Nuenen – at the age of 30 Vincent van Gogh lives for two years in the town of Nuenen. Almost a quarter of all his work is made here. His first masterpiece “The potato eaters” (Aardappeleters in Dutch) was made here. From this town there are many different walks and bicycle routes available to the 21 different locations Van Gogh used to paint.
- Het Noordbrabants Museum in ‘s Hertogenbosch, a small collection of work of Van Gogh is displayed here.
- In the Kröller Müller Museum in Otterlo in the National Park Hoge Veluwe many the paintings of Vincent van Gogh are on display. This beautiful location in the midst of the national park is absolutely worth a vist. It has the second-largest collection of paintings by Vincent van Gogh, after the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- And one of the most visited musea is the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. Make sure you have a skip the line or online ticket because the waiting lines are long. It comprises 200 paintings, 400 drawings, and 700 letters by Vincent van Gogh.
Photo credits: NBTC Holland Marketing
Current status of the flowers - 9th May 2017 We are heading towards the end of springtime. The temperature is rising and we have some mixed weather wi…
Heading of the tulips - top of North Holland Every year it is a terrible sight to see; the heading of the tulips. These flowers are grown for the bulb…
Heading of the tulips - Keukenhof area Every year it is a difficult sight to see, the heading of the tulips. At one of the flower farms in the Keukenh…
Current status of the flowers - 2nd May 2017 The temperatures are getting from very cold to back to normal. It is a perfect time to visit now. Lots of…