How to travel to the Keukenhof from Leiden, Rotterdam & The Hague
It is very easy to reach the Keukenhof from Leiden, Rotterdam or The Hague. Take the train from Rotterdam or The Hague to Leiden Central. Walk outside and find bus 854 on the bus platform. Travel in 30 min to the Keukenhof. When you have visited Keukenhof you travel with the bus back to Leiden Central and take the train back to Rotterdam or The Hague.
Information on tickets:
You can buy separate tickets for train, bus and entrance but there is a combination ticket available.
- Price return train ticket Rotterdam Central – Leiden Central – € 16,-
- Price return train ticket The Hague Central – Leiden Central – € 8,-
- Price return Bus 854 ticket Leiden Central – Keukenhof € 11,-
- Price entrance of Keukenhof € 16,-
*last update price information november 2016
- Price combination ticket €27,- (*price 2017) and includes:
- Return bus 854 Leiden Central – Keukenhof
- Entrance ticket to Keukenhof
You can find this combination ticket at our Travel and Tours page.
You have to buy your own train ticket when traveling by train.
- Train Rotterdam Central – Leiden Central
- Every 20 min and takes 30 min.
- Train The Hague Central – Leiden Central
- Every 10 min and takes 10 min.
- Bus 854 – Leiden Central – Keukenhof
- Every 15 minutes and takes 30 min.
When traveling by train you have to buy your own train ticket next to the combination ticket.
For exact travel times see the public transportation app below.
Plan my journey
Select your departure address and set address to Keukenhof and press plan my journey. Be aware that you can only take the Keukenhof Express bus during Keukenhof season so make sure you set the date between the end of March and mid May. The combination ticket can be bought at our Travel and Tours page.
Tulips in Holland gives you information about the spring flowers and flower fields in the Netherlands. If you are interested to see what the current blooming status is have a look here for the weekly flower updates.
Or sign up for our weekly newsletter to get the blooming status and helpful tips for your visit directly into your mailbox (a day earlier than on the website!).
If you have any questions – write them below in the comments or find us on social media.
We recently visited Keukenhof, and were completely amazed at the beauty that unfolded with each step. It was beyond our wildest imagination. Thank you for all the hard work for our enjoyment.