Weekly flower update 2022 week 19
Welcome to the final newsletter of spring 2022. Spring is almost over. Let’s take a look what there is still to see in its final week what is happening ….
Current status of the flowers
Final week of spring is already here. Most of the tulip fields have been headed and Keukenhof will closed its doors on Sunday the 15th of May. Lots of tulips are still in bloom but you can see that the end of spring is near. Due to the warm temperatures and the lack of rain this season blooming was a bit different than in previous years.
Are you visiting after May 15th there might be some tulips left to see at the Tulip Experience Amsterdamthat is closing on the 22nd of May.
Interesting activities for the upcoming week
It may be the end of the spring flower season, we are on our way to summer.
Upcoming weekend the national windmill weekend is planned. You can visit over 100 of different windmills around The Netherlands. More information is available here.
Throughout the summer you can visit the Alkmaar cheese market on Friday morning from 10 Am – 1 PM.
It is one of the oldest cheese markets dated back to the beginning of the 17th century.
Flower shows and events 2022 at Keukenhof
Did you know that the Keukenhof organises several flower shows, activities and events? Have a look which show or activity is on on your traveldates. Which event are you most looking forward to?
- 24 March – 15 May: Orchid & Anthurium show – Beatrix Pavilion
- 21 March – 15 May: Potted Bulb & Plant show – Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 11 May – 15 May: Carnation and summer flower show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
Tickets & tours!
Visit Keukenhof on your own
- Keukenhof 2022 – Skip the line
- Tickets for Whisper Sailing Tour Keukenhof
- Keukenhof: Skip The Line + Direct Transport from Amsterdam
- Keukenhof + Flower Fields Guided Tour from Rotterdam (NEW!)
- Keukenhof + 6-course Michelin-Star Dinner at Bolenius (Amsterdam)
Typical Dutch tours – 2022 season
- Full-Day Keukenhof Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam with Windmill & Farm Visit
- Keukenhof Highlights Bike Tour (2,5 hours through the fields with bulb farm visit)
- Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
- Volendam, Marken and Windmills tour
- Giethoorn from Amsterdam
- Grand Holland tour from Amsterdam
Museum tickets 2022
- Rijksmuseum – Skip the line
- Van Gogh Museum
- Mauritshuis museum
- Exhibition In Full Bloom – Flower, Flowers and More Flowers – Mauritshuis Museum until the 6th of June 2022
- Daytime Canal Cruise (start near Central Station)
- Nighttime Canal Cruise (start near Central Station)
- Daytime Canal Cruise (start near Leidseplein)
Looking for other tours? Have a look at our complete list of tours.
Have a beautiful week! This is our final newsletter for spring 2022 season. Thank you for reading along! See you next year!
Kind regards from Tulips in Holland,
Photo credits: ©TulipsinHolland.com