Flower area: Flevoland
Flevoland is the largest Flower area of the Netherlands. It has the most and largest flower fields. Since a couple of years they present a 80 KM route to drive with your (rental) car. You can find the fields and flower festivals in the direction of the towns of Emmeloord and Dronten.
Top things to do in Flevoland
- Visit Stepnop Tulip Festival
- Visit Tulip Festival Dronten
- Fly above the largest tulip field area in the world
- Pick your own bunch of tulips at the tulip picking garden
- Visit the 100 different tulips at the tulip information center
- Visit the Orchid Hoeve
- Visit the Unesco locations of Schokland and Wouda gemaal
- Visit new land in Lelystad
- Visit the Aviodrome to see the history of flying in the Netherlands
- Visit the amusement park of Walibi World
Top events in Flevoland
- Tulip festivals every April
- The city of Almere will organise the Floriade (International exhibition and garden festival) in 2022
Where to sleep
When visiting Flevoland
- Center Parcs Eemhof Flevoland-Holland – Zeewolde
- Casa Mirador Bed & Breakfast – Almere
- B&B Het Witte Huis – Almere
- Lodgerie Het Groene Geheim – Almere
- Van der Valk Hotel – Almere
- Lelymare Logies – Lelystad
- B&B de Valkenhorst – Lelystad
- Bed & Breakfast De Roos – Urk
- Hotel Restaurant Grandcafé ‘t Voorhuys – Emmeloord
- Hotel Emmeloord – Emmeloord
- Walibi Village – Biddinghuizen
Landal Waterparc Veluwemeer – Biddinghuizen
- Princess Hotel Dorhout Mees – Biddinghuizen
But there are many more hotels in the Flevoland area
Have you booked your flights already? Have a look at our flight scanner tool from our partner Skyscanner. With a couple of clicks you can see which flight is the best for you (in travel time or price).
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: Wiki Commons
Map Keukenhof The map Keukenhof 2022 is available. When you are not a regular visitor,…
Spring season 2022 is rapidly approaching! It looks like the Covid measures in the Netherlands will be reduced and that all spring activities can continue.
This means that we are all looking forward to visiting Keukenhof and Floriade in addition to the dozens of other activities around flowers.
The exhibition In Full Bloom opens today in the Mauritshuis in The Hague. The museum is celebrating its 200th anniversary this year. For the start of this celebration, they have chosen a very festive subject, namely flowers.