The innercity of Haarlem hasn’t lost its old historic character. The monumental city centre is full with little courtyards, squares, canals and churches. Especially the Great Church (or St. Bavo Church) is a beautiful piece of architecture. The surrounding flower fields are just a bike ride away from the city center. Join a city walk or sit on one of the beautiful terraces in the city center.
Top 10 things to do in Haarlem
- Frans Hals Museum
- Great market Square
- Teylers Museum
- Shopping streets
- Corrie ten Boom House
- Amsterdam Gate
- Ruines of Brederode Castle
- De Waag
- Hofje van Bakenes
Top events in Haarlem
- Keukenhof and flower fields (end of March – beginning of May)
- Kings day (27th of April (or the 26th of april when the 27th is on a Sunday)
- Liberation day 5th of May – free concerts in the city park
The tourist season in Haarelm start around the end of March when the flower season starts and continues to October.
Where to sleep
When visiting Amsterdam there are a lot of hotels to choose from. For example:
- Appartment Keysers Huys anno 1625
- Teylers Apartment anno 1608
- Appartment De Witte Olyphant
- Haarlem Hotelsuites
- Carlton Square Hotel
But there are many more hotels: See all hotels in Haarlem.
Have you booked your flights already? Have a look at our flight scanner tool from our partner Skyscanner. With a couple of clicks you can see which flight is the best for you (in travel time or price).
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: Wiki Commons
Happy New Year and the best wishes for 2020 to all readers of TulipsinHolland.com! Hope…