The heart of the Netherlands, with beautiful canals from the 14th century. Just 30 minutes by train from Amsterdam this is a beautiful place to visit. It is the hometown of lots of interesting musea. And for the people who like Miffy (Nijntje) this is her home town. You can find the UNESCO Rietveld Schroder home here as wel a beautiful museum about old trains. The large shopping center between the railway station and the old town houses many interesting shops. In the old part of the city you can walk up the Dom Tower to have a gorgeous view over Utrecht.
Top things to do in Utrecht
- Walk along the canals in the old historic city center
- Visit the Dom tower, climb up the stairs for a magnificent view or visit the dungeons below the tower
- National Railway museum (Spoorwegmuseum)
- Central Museum of Utrecht
- Dick Bruna House (Also known as the Museum of Miffy)
- Visit some fortresses around Utrecht
- Unesco Rietveld Schröder House
- Museum Speelklok (Museum of self playing musical instruments)
- Botanical Gardens
- Slot Zuylen
- Kasteel de Haar
- Taka a canal tour through the canals of Utrecht (Yes they are different than the Amsterdam Canals)
Where to sleep
When visiting Utrecht there are a lot of hotels to choose from. For example:
- Hotel Oudegracht
- Bed & Breakfast De Verrassing
- B&B de singel
- Bed & Breakfast – aan de Singel van Utrecht
- Apartment Berend Utrecht
- Mary K Hotel
- Boutique Hotel ZIES
- Mother Goose Hotel
- Grand Hotel Karel V
- NH Hotel Utrecht
- Eye Hotel
But there are many more hotels: See all hotels in Utrecht.
Have you booked your flights already? Have a look at our flight scanner tool from our partner Skyscanner. With a couple of clicks you can see which flight is the best for you (in travel time or price).
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: NBTC Holland Marketing
Weekly flower update 2022 week 15
Weekly flower update 2022 week 14
Weekly flower update 2022 week 13
Weekly flower update 2022 week 12
Keukenhof Map 2022
Map Keukenhof The map Keukenhof 2022 is available. When you are not a regular visitor,…
Weekly flower update 2022 week 11
Season 2022 is rapidly approaching
Spring season 2022 is rapidly approaching! It looks like the Covid measures in the Netherlands will be reduced and that all spring activities can continue.
This means that we are all looking forward to visiting Keukenhof and Floriade in addition to the dozens of other activities around flowers.
In Full Bloom – Museum Mauritshuis in The Hague – The Netherlands
The exhibition In Full Bloom opens today in the Mauritshuis in The Hague. The museum is celebrating its 200th anniversary this year. For the start of this celebration, they have chosen a very festive subject, namely flowers.