Inductees to the World Order of the Tulip 2015
The World Tulip Summit Society, a network of tulip lovers (tulipists) from 17 countries, is committed to promoting the tulip as a symbol of world friendship. Held biennially, each World Tulip Summit, is an opportunity to celebrate the special history of the tulip and its relationship with mankind over the many centuries.
The World Tulip Summit Society ‘Order of the Tulip’ recognizes individuals from around the globe who have made an outstanding contribution to the promotion and/or celebration of the tulip as a symbol of world friendship.
“Behind every tulip attraction, event, festival or promotion there are people. These people have a passion for the tulip. The World Tulip Order is our way of saying thank you and acknowledging their contribution to profiling the tulip as part of a community’s culture, a destination floral appeal and a symbol of friendship,” says Michel Gauthier, Chair of the World Tulip Summit Society.
World Tulip Summit Society is honored to announce the 2015 inductees to the World Order of the Tulip.
2015 World order of the tulip inductees
- Eric Breed, Photographer, The Netherlands
- John Barrett, Vesey’s Bulb, Canada
- David Norton, Sprinfields Horticultural Society, United Kingdom
- Luc Behar-Bannelier, Disneyland Paris, France
- Nathan Bocks, Tulip Time, Michigan, United States of America
- Füsun Ören, Canadian Institute for Mediterranean Studies, Canada
- Paul Kessler, Leiden Botanical Garden, The Netherlands
- Theo Van de Bosch, Tulip Information Centre Association, Austria
- Mehmet Ihsan Simsek, Istanbul Tulip Festival, Turkey
- Lee Man Ee, prior Minister of Environment, South Korea
- Jeong Gang Hoan, International Garden Tourism Network Korea, South Korea
- Kang Hang Sik, Taean Tulip Festival, South Korea
- Lee Nak Yeon, Governor of Jeonnam Province, South Korea
Congratulations to all inductees!
Tulips in Holland provides you information about the spring flowers and flower fields in the Netherlands.
Have a look at the FAQ Section in the menu of this website to get all the information you need for a wonderful visit to the beautiful flower fields in the Netherlands.
If you are interested to see what the current blooming status is have a look here for the weekly flower updates.
Or sign up for our weekly newsletter to get the blooming status and helpful tips for your visit directly into your mailbox on Tuesday (a day earlier than on the website!).
If you have any questions – write them below in the comments or find us on social media.