The city of Delft is not only a charming city to walk around in. It is world famous for its characteristic white and blue delftware pottery. Since the seventeenth century this pottery has been made here in the city of Delft. It is a lovely place to walk around, take a canal tour, sit on one of the loveliest terraces or take the 376 steps on the stairs of the New Church to get a beautiful view over the city.
Top things to do in Delft
- Visit the Markt Square and city hall of Delft
- Visit the Oostpoort
- Royal Delft – Koninklijke Porcelyne Fles
- Museum Prinsenhof
- Climb the stairs in the New Chruch
- Visit the old Church
- Visit the Vermeer Centre
- Take a walking tour
- Visit the Botanical Garden of the university
Where to sleep
When visiting Delft there are a lot of hotels to choose from. For example:
- Juuls B&B
- Appartment Orange delight
- Luxury Apartment Delft VI Royal View
- Delft Blue Dreams Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel de Emauspoort
- Luxury Apartments Delft III Flower Market
- Casa Julia
- Hotel Bridges House Delft
- WestCord Hotel Delft
- Hampshire Hotel – Delft Centre
- Hotel Johannes Vermeer Delft
- Best Western Museumhotels Delft
Have a look at other hotels in Delft: See all hotels in Delft.
Have you booked your flights already? Have a look at our flight scanner tool from our partner Skyscanner. With a couple of clicks you can see which flight is the best for you (in travel time or price).
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: NBTC Holland Marketing
Map Keukenhof The map Keukenhof 2022 is available. When you are not a regular visitor,…
Spring season 2022 is rapidly approaching! It looks like the Covid measures in the Netherlands will be reduced and that all spring activities can continue.
This means that we are all looking forward to visiting Keukenhof and Floriade in addition to the dozens of other activities around flowers.
The exhibition In Full Bloom opens today in the Mauritshuis in The Hague. The museum is celebrating its 200th anniversary this year. For the start of this celebration, they have chosen a very festive subject, namely flowers.