10 tips for Visiting Keukenhof at Easter Weekend
Easter weekend is one of the most busiest days of the Keukenhof season. Lots of tourist are visiting the Keukenhof and lot of Dutch people visit too! For all people who are visiting this Easter there are 10 tips for visiting the Keukenhof at Easter weekend.
1. Travel early. If you don’t like traffic jams, where you can get stuck in for more than 30 minutes, please arrive before 10 AM at Keukenhof. There are no short cuts, all roads will get stuck by lots of cars, busses, taxi’s, etc. Local people will travel by bike only on this day.
2. When you travel by Keukenhof express bus, make sure you are early and order your tickets online. Lots of people travel by bus to the Keukenhof and despite the extra busses, they get stuck in traffic too. At the most busiest hours during the day you have to stand in line before entering the bus. The bus will be filled to max capacity and than drive to Keukenhof (and there are no shortcuts for busses, they have to wait in the traffic jams too) Travel early to avoid all of this and enjoy the keukenhof in the early opening hours before the crowds enter.
3. And if you do travel during the day, please bring some food and snacks with you in case you get stuck in traffic.
4. When you rent a bike, rent it in the morning. Most visitors see Keukenhof first and rent a bike in the afternoon. When you do it the other way around you won’t have to wait for a bicycle in the afternoon.
5. Pick your coffee breaks, lunch and diner time wisely. With the amount of people visiting you might want to have your breaks a bit earlier or later than normal so you won’t have to wait long at the counters.
6. Easter Weekend is also a family weekend! During the spectacular birds of prey shows falcons, owls, buzzards, and eagles fly just above your head! Live music make Keukenhof a very nice place to linger in.
7. The children can have their faces painted as a tiger or a butterfly for instance, while admiring the floral displays of Keukenhof. The Easter Bunny will visit Keukenhof on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday!
8. Make sure that you photo camera has enough batteries and power to make lots of photos at Keukenhof. Don’t forget to visit the selfie garden!
9. Leave your luggage at the airport lockers. There are some small lockers at Keukenhof at daypack size. They are not big enough for suitcases and for other cabin size luggage. Please leave all luggage at the airport. There is a big chance that the lockers are full and you don’t want to take all your luggage inside. There are plenty of lockers at the airport and there is a luggage depot there too. More information here.
10. Have fun enjoy the park, the exhibitions and see all the new things at Keukenhof 2015.
Have a wonderful time during your Easter weekend visit!
Tulips in Holland gives you information about the spring flowers and flower fields in the Netherlands. If you are interested to see what the current blooming status is have a look here for the weekly flower updates.
Or sign up for our weekly newsletter to get the blooming status and helpful tips for your visit directly into your mailbox on Tuesday (a day earlier than on the website!).
If you have any questions – write them below in the comments or find us on social media.