The bulb-growing area is a unique part of the Netherlands. This district is situated in the urban agglomeration of Western Holland, between the cities of Haarlem and Leiden, only 20 km from Amsterdam. Characteristic of this area are the beautiful North Sea beaches and its hinterland filled with historical bulb-growing cultivation. This hinterland in particular is what makes the bulb-growing area so special. The explosion of colours of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths during springtime attracts millions of visitors from both home and abroad.
All these spectacular flowers, the tulips, hyacinths and daffodils are processed for decoration in floats and luxury cars and will pass through the bulb-growing area for the 69th time on the 22th and 23th of April 2016, showing the Dutch flower-bulb cultivation in all its glory. On April 24th 2016 all floats can be admired at the market square in Haarlem.
The theme of 2016 will be: Flowers and Fashion!
Wednesday 20 April 2016 & Thursday 21 April 2016
- Building the Bloemencorso 2016 – have a look how the floats are made, one flower at the time. All the details are on the website of the Bloemencorso.
Friday 22 april 2016
- The floats are parked in Noordwijkerhout starting from 3 PM
- In the afternoon lots of activities are organized in the town of Noordwijkerhout
- 9.15 PM opening of the evening Bloemencorso in Noordwijkerhout
- 10.00 PM end of program
Saturday 23 April 2016
- 9.30 AM start of the Bloemencorso in Noordwijk
- 11.25 AM Corso arrives in Voorhout
- 12.15 PM Corso arrives in Sassenheim
- 3.20 PM Corso arrives in Lisse center
- 3.45 PM Corso arrives in Lisse Keukenhof
- 4.50 PM Corso arrives in Hillegom
- 7.25 PM Corso arrives in Bennebroek
- 8.00 PM Corso arrives in Heemstede
- 9.00 PM Corso arrives in Haarlem
- 10.00 PM End of program
Lots of activities are planned on Corso day in all these towns and cities. Time can vary, the exact planning will be publish beginning of 2016.
Sunday 24 April 2016
- Floats will be parked in the city center of Haarlem till 4 pm.
Lots of activities are planned on Corso day in Noordwijk and Haarlem.
The Bloemencorso is a organization that is run completely by volunteers and gifts. Every year a lot of people donate time and money to make this event possible. Do you want to support them too? Have a look at their website!