Weekly Flower update 2018 – week 13
Good morning, how are you all doing this week? Welcome to all new subscribers and also to some readers from previous years! Keukenhof has opened its doors and springtime has started. Have a look at this weeks flower update!
Current status of the flowers
It is cold, much colder than previous springtimes so only the crocus are in bloom at the moment. We have to wait a bit longer for we see some other colors in the fields. The daffodils are growing but just a couple show their bright yellow color. For outdoor tulips and hyacinths it is still too early.
Indoors the flower shows at Keukenhof are in bloom. The different pavilions show tulips, orchids and a new freesia show is starting at the end of the week.
It still feels like winter outside the temperatures keep hovering around the 9 degrees Celsius (48 F) during the daytime and just above freezing at night. Some rain is expected on today en tomorrow and the forecast shows some sunshine for the weekend. We have to see what nature will do with the blooming of all the spring flowers, we have to be patient a bit longer. Are you visiting this Easter weekend? Read along our tips for Easter weekend.
I will be photographing in Keukenhof on Friday morning the 30th of March in the Willem Alexander Pavillion so please come over to say hi.
Make sure you have your Skip the line ticket of Keukenhof in advance when traveling by car or your Keukenhof ticket with Public Transportation. If you like to have a bike tour to Keukenhof have a look here. See information about: How to travel to Keukenhof.
It is almost Easter time! Have a look which events are held at Easter weekend
Tickets and Tours
When you are traveling to the Tulips in Holland there are many tours and tickets to choose from. Have a look what we have in store for you.
- Keukenhof Day Tour – Arrive by train to Hillegom, bike along the flower fields to Keukenhof and have skip the line entrance ticket to Keukenhof
- Keukenhof Garden & Flowerfields incl visit to a bulb farm – Tour from Amsterdam to visit a working bulb farm and Keukenhof garden
- Day Trip to Keukenhof & Flowerfields, Volendam & Windmills (Small Group Tours) – See the highlights in one day!
- Keukenhof and Zaanse Schans with English Guide – half day tour to see Keukenhof and Windmills
- Tulipfields Helicopter Experience (incl. guide) – Day tour in small groups to see the flower fields in the Noordoostpolder and fly above the fields by helicopter
- Canal cruise in Amsterdam – see the beautiful city of Amsterdam from the canal.
- Other tickets and tours – looking for something else? Have a look to the complete selection
When was the last time you sent or received a handwritten postcard? I love to find those postcards in my mailbox and they brighten my day. Since a couple of years I am a postcrosser who loves to send postcards around the world. Every year I buy some Keukenhof postcards to share them with other postcrossers.
Last weekend I bought five postcards of Keukenhof to share with you. Are the flower fields on your bucket list for many years? Do you dream about visiting the tulips in springtime? Maybe you visited the Keukenhof many years ago. Or do you simply love handwritten postcards? I love to read your story.
Just post your short story on our Facebook page as a reply on one of our posts before Easter weekend with the hashtag #tulipsinholland. I will randomly select five stories, connect with these readers for their addresses and I will send the postcards to them.
Wishing you a colorful week!
Kind regards from Tulips in Holland,
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: Tulips in Holland