Weekly flower update 2022 week 14
he first two weeks of spring have flown by. With dry and crisp weather and an unexpected snowstorm on Thursday and Friday. Luckily the snow is gone and we get regular spring weather in return. Let’s read on…
Current status of the flowers
Every day you can see more and more flowers getting to bloom at keukenhof and in the flower fields. At Keukenhof the indoor tulip show in the Willem Alexander pavilion is at its best now. Don’t wait to long to visit this flower show. Outside the daffodils and hyacinths are in full bloom. The crocus is still visible at some places. And the outside tulips are slowly getting in to bloom as well.
Last weekend I really enjoyed the Gerbera and Fresia flower show. Upcoming weekend the flower show in th Oranje Nassau Pavilion is for beautiful Roses. I noticed that is quite busy during the weekends so please make sure you make your reservations before you travel to Keukenhof. Have a look at our selection of tickets and tours here.
Weather in the upcoming week
The weather is changing to much more rain and stormier weather than the past weeks. The tulips will be very happy with some extra water, the people visiting not so much. Bring some warm and waterproof clothes and keep an eye to the Buienradar app (tr: shower rader) an accurate app for rain showers in the Netherlands. Daytime temperatures are expected around the 10 C (50 F) at night just slightly slower. For the people who forget to pack their rain poncho. There are some nice tulip branded rain ponchos for sale at the Keukenhof shops (and warm hats are also available).
In the flower fields I expect to see a couple of tulip fields, daffodils and hyacinths this week. If you want to drive around the flower area, have a look at the route I created for driving around the area by car/ bus / bike. Have a look for the route map here. And keep in mind the flower field etiquette.
What to see and do this weekend?
- This week is museum week. That means that lots of musea organise extra activities for their visitors.
- The beautiful flower painting exhibition In Full Bloom is on display at the Mauritshuis in the Hague. Have a look at our preview here. For tickets have a look here.
- Have a whisper sailing tour through the Flower fields near Keukenhof. You get on and off near the Keukenhof Windmill.
- The Frans Hals Museum in Haarlem is in Bloom and has decorated their rooms with beautiful flower arrangements. They have a beautiful collection of 17th century paintings incl. some paintings about the tulip mania from that time period.
- At the Van Gogh Museum next to the permanent Van Gogh master pieces there is an exhibition about Van Gogh and the Olive Groves which is worth a visit. Have a look here for tickets.
- Or visit a bulb farm and Keukenhof together at this guided day tour.
Flower shows and events 2022 at Keukenhof
Did you know that the Keukenhof organises several flower shows, activities and events? Have a look which show or activity is on on your traveldates. Which event are you most looking forward to?
- 24 March – 15 May: Orchid & Anthurium show – Beatrix Pavilion
- 21 March – 15 May: Potted Bulb & Plant show – Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 7 April – 12 April: Rose show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 14 April – 18 April: Daffodil and Special Bulbs show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 20 April – 25 April: Alstroemeria show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 27 April – 2 May: Lisianthus show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 4 May – 9 May: Chrysanthemum and Calla show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 7 & 8 May – Romance at Keukenhof – Enjoy classical music among many blooming flowers
- 11 May – 15 May: Carnation and summer flower show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
40 Countries are presenting themselves and you can see a huge greenhouse complex. We are looking forward to the opening of the Floriade.
Tickets for the Floriade are already available:
- Tickets for Floriade Expo 2022
- Tickets for Floriade 2022 and Zaanse Schans: Full-Day Tour From Amsterdam
- Tickets for Floriade 2022: Tour from Amsterdam & Cable Car Ride
- Tickets for Floriade 2022: Half day tour From Amsterdam
Tickets & tours!
Visit Keukenhof on your own
- Keukenhof 2022 – Skip the line
- Tickets for Whisper Sailing Tour Keukenhof
- Keukenhof: Skip The Line + Direct Transport from Amsterdam
- Keukenhof + Flower Fields Guided Tour from Rotterdam (NEW!)
- Keukenhof + 6-course Michelin-Star Dinner at Bolenius (Amsterdam)
Typical Dutch tours – 2022 season
- Full-Day Keukenhof Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam with Windmill & Farm Visit
- Keukenhof Highlights Bike Tour (2,5 hours through the fields with bulb farm visit)
- Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
- Volendam, Marken and Windmills tour
- Giethoorn from Amsterdam
- Grand Holland tour from Amsterdam
Museum tickets 2022
- Rijksmuseum – Skip the line
- Van Gogh Museum
- Mauritshuis museum
- Exhibition In Full Bloom – Flower, Flowers and More Flowers – Mauritshuis Museum until the 6th of June 2022
- Daytime Canal Cruise (start near Central Station)
- Nighttime Canal Cruise (start near Central Station)
- Daytime Canal Cruise (start near Leidseplein)
Looking for other tours? Have a look at our complete list of tours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
For the FAQ of this week:
- When is the best time for visiting Keukenhof in 2022?
- Tulip bulb scams
- All you need to know about the spring flower parade (Flower parade – 23rd of April)
- Can you recommend a hotel near Keukenhof?
- What is the latest news about the Tulips in Holland?
Have a beautiful week! All of our newsletter/social media photos are made in the past couple of days to give an actual representation of the flowers. Come over to say hi when you see us walking in Keukenhof. We are recognisable by our blue Tulips in Holland jackets.
Kind regards from Tulips in Holland,
Photo credits: ©TulipsinHolland.com