Weekly flower update 2022 week 17
Happy King’s Day! The tulips are in full bloom while the Netherlands get ready for an orange party today. Make sure you wear something in red, white, blue or orange colours today Let’s see what is happening ….
Current status of the flowers
Another week of unusual warm weather, with some light rain last Monday. Most of the tulips are in full bloom now. When you traveling around the flower area you can see that the daffodils and hyacinths are done blooming. Luckily we still have the tulips in bloom.
For the second time in April Keukenhof was fully booked. It is estimated that over 1 million people have seen the flower parade on Saturday. When you are planning visit Keukenhof or any other tulip attraction in the upcoming week please make sure you buy your tickets in advance.
King’s day is also the mark for bulb farmers to start with de-heading of the flower fields. From this day until the beginning of May they take the flower off the tulips so the bulbs can grow healthy and strong. Don’t wait too long with your visit when you want to see some fields in bloom.
Flower parade weekend
What to see and do this weekend?
- Visit the Tulip Experience in Noordwijkerhout, they have a lovely show garden and a indoor museum with a tulip picking area.
- Visit a bulb farm and Keukenhof together at this guided day tour.
- Have you ever wandered how a ship of the the Holland-America Cruise line looks like? Visit the steamship SS Rotterdam in the Rotterdam Harbour. They have an interesting audio tour through the ship. It is brought back sin its original shape from the 60’s, from the time that Rotterdam – New York City took 8,5 days.
Flower shows and events 2022 at Keukenhof
Did you know that the Keukenhof organises several flower shows, activities and events? Have a look which show or activity is on on your traveldates. Which event are you most looking forward to?
- 24 March – 15 May: Orchid & Anthurium show – Beatrix Pavilion
- 21 March – 15 May: Potted Bulb & Plant show – Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 27 April – 2 May: Lisianthus show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 4 May – 9 May: Chrysanthemum and Calla show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 7 & 8 May – Romance at Keukenhof – Enjoy classical music among many blooming flowers
- 11 May – 15 May: Carnation and summer flower show – Oranje Nassau Pavilion
Tickets & tours!
Visit Keukenhof on your own
- Keukenhof 2022 – Skip the line
- Tickets for Whisper Sailing Tour Keukenhof
- Keukenhof: Skip The Line + Direct Transport from Amsterdam
- Keukenhof + Flower Fields Guided Tour from Rotterdam (NEW!)
- Keukenhof + 6-course Michelin-Star Dinner at Bolenius (Amsterdam)
Typical Dutch tours – 2022 season
- Full-Day Keukenhof Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam with Windmill & Farm Visit
- Keukenhof Highlights Bike Tour (2,5 hours through the fields with bulb farm visit)
- Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
- Volendam, Marken and Windmills tour
- Giethoorn from Amsterdam
- Grand Holland tour from Amsterdam
Museum tickets 2022
- Rijksmuseum – Skip the line
- Van Gogh Museum
- Mauritshuis museum
- Exhibition In Full Bloom – Flower, Flowers and More Flowers – Mauritshuis Museum until the 6th of June 2022
- Daytime Canal Cruise (start near Central Station)
- Nighttime Canal Cruise (start near Central Station)
- Daytime Canal Cruise (start near Leidseplein)
Frequently Asked Questions:
For the FAQ of this week:
Have a beautiful week! Come over to say hi when you see us walking in Keukenhof. We are recognisable by our blue Tulips in Holland jackets.
Kind regards from Tulips in Holland,
Photo credits: ©TulipsinHolland.com