Flower area Drenthe
This area is still in development. Since a couple of years they host the lovely event Tulips by Night where you can visit the light up flower fields by night. Definitely worth a stop when you are in the area.
Top things to do Drenthe
- Visit the flower fields at Springtime
- Pick your own bunch of Tulips at the tulip picking garden in Beilen
- Visit the Wildlands Zoo in Emmen
- Visit the Hunebedden in Borger
- Visit Van Gogh in Nieuw Amsterdam
- Visit Bourtange
- visit National Park Dwingelerveld
- Visit the nearby Cities of Groningen, Assen
- Visit Giethoorn
- Visit the frisian Lakes
Top events in Drenthe
- Tulips by Night
- Car route Tulip festival Drenthe
- Bike route Tulip festival Drenthe
- Walking route Tulip festival Drenthe
Where to sleep
When visiting Drenthe there are a lot of hotels to choose from. For example:
- Center Parcs Huttenheugte Drenthe-Overijssel – Dalen
- Van der Valk Hotel Assen – Assen
- Logement №5 – Assen
- Best Western City Hotel de Jonge – Assen
- B&B ‘t Rond Bargie – Exloo
- Bed and Breakfast The4Seasons – Loon
- Boutique Hotel & Restaurant ErkelenS – Rolde
- DroomHotel ‘t Heinenhoes – Anderen
But there are many more hotels: See all hotels in Drenthe.
Have you booked your flights already? Have a look at our flight scanner tool from our partner Skyscanner. With a couple of clicks you can see which flight is the best for you (in travel time or price).
Source: Tulips in Holland
Photo credits: Tulips in Holland
Weekly flower update 2022 week 15
Weekly flower update 2022 week 14
Weekly flower update 2022 week 13
Weekly flower update 2022 week 12
Keukenhof Map 2022
Map Keukenhof The map Keukenhof 2022 is available. When you are not a regular visitor,…
Weekly flower update 2022 week 11
Season 2022 is rapidly approaching
Spring season 2022 is rapidly approaching! It looks like the Covid measures in the Netherlands will be reduced and that all spring activities can continue.
This means that we are all looking forward to visiting Keukenhof and Floriade in addition to the dozens of other activities around flowers.
In Full Bloom – Museum Mauritshuis in The Hague – The Netherlands
The exhibition In Full Bloom opens today in the Mauritshuis in The Hague. The museum is celebrating its 200th anniversary this year. For the start of this celebration, they have chosen a very festive subject, namely flowers.